Speech BubbleGive Feedback
Search site



Married Couple

If you are concerned about your fertility or have been trying to get pregnant for some time, there are many options available to you on the island. If you are under the age of 30, unless you have an underlying condition such as endometriosis, usually no investigations will be done unless you have been trying to get pregnant for over 18 months. 

From the age of 30 - 35 years, it is advised that you start to plan your family, over the age of 35 your fertility reduces quite significantly.

If you are concerned you should see your GP who will do a full examination and give you advice on sexual and general health issues. They may then refer you to the Gynaecologist for further investigations and treatment, this may include tests for you and your partner.

There are many options and treatments available locally which include Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) and Donor Insemination, the Gynaecologist will guide you in what is the best option for you

IVF is not funded by the States of Guernsey and so the gynaecologists here refer to an off-island clinic, namely Wessex Fertility Limited, for the egg collection & embryo transfer treatment. However, the support work before and after the IVF treatment is carried out by your gynaecologist on-island; alternatively, couples seeking IVF treatment can refer themselves to another UK provider.

For more general information on Fertility Issues visit  the Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority

Health and Social Services Department

Corporate Headquarters,  Rue Mignot,  St Andrews,  Guernsey,  GY6 8TW,  Channel Islands
Tel: 44 1481 725241 Fax: 44 1481 235341
Email: healthandwellbeing@gov.gg

Translate the site

Portuguese Latvian Polish
VisitGuernseyVisit Site >
Guernsey's official tourism portal with places to visit, events and travel info.