Our Commitment to Community Involvement in Planning and Building Control
The Environment Department is committed to providing the local community with opportunities to shape the place in which they live and to designing approaches to community involvement that make this achievable.
Documents currently available on this page:
Policy for Public Access to Previously Approved Plans
- Sets out arrangements for inspection of approved plans by third parties.
Building Control Service Performance Standards
- Sets out Guernsey Building Control Service Performance Standards and what you can expect when working with the Building Control Service.
Community Guide to the Plan Review
In January 2012, the Environment Department will begin a review of the current Development Plans for the island, the Urban and Rural Area Plans.
- Explains about development plans and planning policies and why they are being reviewed
- The Plan Review's relationship to other planning consultations
- The benefits of getting involved in the Plan Review
- How and when you can get involved