A list of statutory public holidays can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. All public holidays are prescribed by the Public Holidays Ordinance, 2009 as follows:
- New Year's Day, if a weekday,
- the 2nd January, in a year when New Year's Day falls on a Sunday,
- the 3rd January, in a year where New Year's Day falls on a Saturday,
- Easter Monday,
- the first Monday in May,
- the 9th May, Liberation Day,
- the last Monday in May,
- the last Monday in August,
- the 26th December, Boxing Day, if a weekday,
- the 27th December, in a year when Christmas Day or Boxing Day falls on a Sunday,
- the 28th December, in a year where Christmas Day or Boxing Day falls on a Saturday,
"Weekday" does not include a Saturday.
Christmas Day and Good Friday (and all Sundays) are customary law holidays.
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee 2012
For 2012 only, the States has agreed the following changes to public holidays to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee ;
- the May public holiday (on the last Monday in May - Monday 28th May ) will not be a public holiday,
- Monday 4 June will be a substitute public holiday for the May public holiday; and
- Tuesday 5 June will be an additional public holiday.
Document downloadsPublic Holidays 2011-2014 Public Holidays 2011-2014
Commerce & EmploymentRaymond Falla House, Longue Rue, St Martin, Guernsey, GY1 6AF, Channel Islands
Tel: +44 1481 234567