Guernsey Quality Assured
The Marketing and Tourism section of Commerce and Employment puts a lot of time and effort into encouraging visitors to the islands, mostly from the UK. Wherever possible we want Guernsey to meet or exceed their expectations so the Department offers industry partners a range of Guernsey Quality Assured schemes, based on current industry best practice and recognised British quality standards. Participation allows for official recognition of businesses committed to high standards and good customer service in their chosen field. Guernsey Quality Assured awards provide simple, objective and sustainable information to influence the decision making processes of potential visitors. Appropriate schemes are identified, implemented and administered by the Quality Development team.
HOW DO WE DO THIS?
By a combination of statutory regulation (of accommodation) and voluntary participation by other sectors of the visitor economy.
Visitor Accommodation is regulated by Law, with a requirement for an annual quality assessment against the relevant accommodation standard resulting in an official Star Rating for the property, with additional GOLD, SILVER or BREAKFAST awards available where merited .
Quality Assurance Schemes for non accommodation operators are based on voluntary participation and include:
- The Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Scheme (VAQAS)
- The Place of Interest Quality Assurance Scheme (PIQAS)
- The Guernsey Taste Accreditation Quality Assurance Scheme (TASTE)
- Quality Assured accreditation for qualified Tour Guides
- Approved Accreditation by an external Body
Please refer to the articles opposite for more information.
All of the schemes have different criteria but are linked by shared principles:
- Accreditation is determined by an unannounced assessment followed by a verbal management debrief and a written report recommending the accreditation level achieved*
- Assessments are carried out by independent, experienced industry professionals to ensure objectivity and sustainability.
- All Schemes include an obligatory Code of Practice, expecting a commitment to the highest standards of customer care, and to current industry best practice wherever possible.
- All participants must meet the Entry Requirements set by the Department as well as complying with the appropriate Scheme Standards and any relevant statutory obligations.
*with the exception of Tour Guides, who have to attain recognised formal educational qualifications.
It may also be possible for some tourism businesses to obtain Guernsey Quality Assured based on external accreditation by a professional body or industry organisation.
Refer to the linked articles for more details.
Document downloadsVE Ratings revealed; Designators described; and Awards Outlined Key Information for understanding how we deliver Quality Assurance in Guernsey. VE Guernsey Quality Assured Signs & Symbols All the signs and symbols used to indicate sites or individuals holding Guernsey Quality Assured status.
Quality Development TeamCommerce and Employment Department, PO Box 459, St Martin, Guernsey, GY16AF, Channel Islands
Tel: +44 1481 234567 Email: email@example.com