Fly-tipping is the illegal or unauthorised disposal of waste or items in places that are not designated and not appropriate.
If you wish to report concerns or issues with fly-tipping/inappropriate disposal of waste material/items then:
- Do not touch or attempt to clear the waste and do not disturb the site where the waste was deposited
- Determine how much there is and what it might consist of
- Take a note of the location and the time that the waste might have been left.
- If you see it happening note a description of the person or persons who were responsible
- If a vehicle was used, record the make, model and the registration number
- If the waste has been left on a costal path or in a costal car park Environment Department should be the first point of contact (TEL 717200) - in other instances use the contact details provided for the Public Services Department
- Continue to note any future instances in the same location or by the same person(s)