To find the latest information on Skills Guernsey's current work, please follow the "Current Work of Skills Guernsey" tab on the left of this page to find the "News and Updates" page.
Skills Guernsey was established in the spring of 2013, created to formulate a Skills Strategy for the island of Guernsey.
For information about the work of Skills Guernsey and how you can get involved, please explore the Skills Guernsey web pages using the links on the left of this page. There are also some useful documents at the bottom of this page.
The Structure of Skills Guernsey
Skills Guernsey is made up of two groups; the Skills Guernsey Group (SGG) and the Skills Guernsey Agency Consortium (SGAC).
The SGG provides political leadership, policy direction and has responsibility for the development, resourcing and subsequent activity of the SGAC.
The SGAC is chaired by Dr Elaine Monkhouse who leads the Consortium of representatives of the publicly-funded training agencies, business members and contributors from relevant States departments. The SGAC has responsibility for ensuring that strategy and policy for skills and participation in the workforce takes account of, and is allied to, the broader aims for education, social cohesion and economic development as expressed in Departmental strategies and plans and the wider States Strategic Plan. At present, the SGAC is focusing on two workstreams; a Skills Gap Analysis and Digital Wisdom. To find more information about these workstreams, please click on the tab to the left of this page entitled "Current Work of Skills Guernsey
Skills Guernsey Group Membership
- Deputy Allister Langlois, Chair (Minister, Social Security)
- Deputy Kevin Stewart, (Minister, Commerce and Employment)
- Deputy Robert Sillars Minister, Education)
- Deputy Mark Dorey (Minister, Health and Social Services)
- Deputy Heidi Soulsby (Member, Commerce and Employment)
- Deputy Richard Conder (Member, Education)
- Deputy Martin Storey (Member, Health and Social Services)
- Deputy Michelle Le Clerc (Member, Social Services)
- Dr Elaine Monkhouse (Chair of SGAC) (non-voting)
- Mr Ed Ashton (Deputy Chief Officer of Chair's Department; Social Security) (non-voting)
Skills Guernsey Agency Consortium Membership
- Dr Elaine Monkhouse (Chair)
- Ms Saboohi Famili (GCFE Rep.)
- Mr Simon Le Tocq (GTA Rep.)
- Ms Tracey McClean (IHSCS Rep.)
- Mr Patrick Firth (Business Member)
- Ms Fiona Naftel (Business Member)
- Ms Karen Power (Business Member)
- Ms Victoria Sloan (Business Member)
- Mr Greg Yeoman (Business Member)
- Departmental Officers attendant for relevant items
Skills GuernseySkills Guernsey, Commerce and Employment Department , Longue Rue, St Martins, Guernsey, GY1 6AF, Channel Islands
Tel: 44 1481 234567 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org