Notify your construction project to the HSE (14 days prior to work starting).
This form can be used to notify any project covered by the Guernsey Construction Design & Management Approved Code of Practice 2020 [1Mb].
The Principal Contractor is required to give the Health and Safety Executive a minimum of 14 days' notice before construction work commences:
- Where the number of persons working on site (whether it be employees, subcontractors or self- employed contractors) exceeds 5 and the duration of the project is more than 30 days.
- If the work involves demolition or dismantling of a structure regardless of duration or numbers on site.
- Where work is of short duration but is expected to involve at least 500 worker-days of input.
Non-exhaustive list of building and civil engineering works as stated in Guernsey CDM 2020 Schedule 6 Paragraph 7
1. The construction, alteration, conversion, fitting out, commissioning, renovation, repair, upkeep, redecoration or other maintenance (including cleaning which involves water or an abrasive at high pressure, or the use of toxic substances), de-commissioning, demolition or dismantling of a structure, including asbestos removal and remediation;
2. The preparation for an intended structure, including site clearance, exploration, investigation, excavation (but not pre-construction archaeological investigations), earthworks, and the clearance or preparation of the site or structure for use or occupation at its conclusion;
3. The assembly on site of pre-fabricated elements to form a structure or the disassembly on site of the prefabricated elements which, immediately before such disassembly formed a structure;
4. The removal of a structure, or of any product or waste resulting from demolition or dismantling of a structure, or from disassembly of prefabricated elements which immediately before such disassembly formed a structure;
5. The installation, commissioning, maintenance, repair, or removal of mechanical, electrical, gas, compressed air, hydraulic, telecommunications, computer or similar services which are normally fixed within a structure
If you cannot notify online:
- this F10 form can be downloaded for printing [227kb] and returned by post HSE at the address above at the address indicated on the form.
- Alternatively, you may download and complete the electronic PDF form [1Mb], which you can save and email to HSE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require help with completing the notification, please call 01481 220010.