The Looked After Children's Team provide services to children and young people in care from birth to 18 years of age and also assist young people leaving care between the ages of 16 and 21, (or 24 if in full-time education).
The team is made up of Social Workers, Social Work Assistants and a Community Clinical Psychologist. We aim to provide a proactive, high quality service to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
Our work includes:
- Regular visits to children and young people
- Care planning
- Reviewing placements
- Life story work
- Promoting contact between children and their families
- Adoption planning and proceedings
- Monitoring off island placements
- Supporting young people leaving the care system with accommodation, employment and to achieve their potential
The team has developed close working relationships with a number of other agencies including include the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, the Health Visiting Service, Schools, Housing, the Third Sector and a designated lead member of staff within Education for Looked After Children.
We believe that a multi-agency team working together achieves a positive outcome for looked after children and young people.
For further information contact the team on, 01481 723182.