June 23rd 2019 marks the 70th anniversary of the official opening of the PEH by the then Princess Elizabeth. As part of a series of events to celebrate the 70th anniversary, residents in the Bailiwick will have the chance to share their stories and photographs of the Hospital at a special Afternoon Tea Party held on Saturday May 25th.
The public and employees, past and present, are encouraged to send in photographs and share stories which will form part of a permanent Audio/Visual Exhibition at the PEH which will help to tell its story over the 70 year period.
If you have old photographs of the PEH which you would like to share, please send them to the email address below. Please ensure you have read the Fair Processing Notice and Copyright notice below before submitting any images via email:
Fair Processing Notice
- 1. The Data Protection Law
- The controller acknowledges its obligations as per the data protection law, which provides a number of requirements in terms of processing activities involving personal data. The controller further acknowledges the general principles of processing as well as the rights of a data subject and more information in relation to these provisions are provided within this fair processing notice.
- 2. The Principles of Processing
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Personal data in the form of photographs and audio recordings will be collected.
- the categories of data collected are: basic personal data
- the lawful basis for collecting the personal data in consent which can be withdrawn at any time up to the publication of the exhibition on Saturday 25th May 2019. The purpose is for the creation and display of the PEH 70th Anniversary Exhibition.
- the personal data is collected from you directly.
- personal data will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
- Purpose limitation
- Personal data must not be collected except for a specific, explicit and legitimate purpose and, once collected, must not be further processed in a manner incompatible with the purpose for which it was collected.
- The controller acknowledges its responsibility with regards to this data protection principle and therefore the controller maintains that it will not further process that personal data in a way which is incompatible to its original reason for processing as specified in section 2a, unless the controller is required to do so by law. The personal data will not be transferred to a recipient in an authorised or an unauthorised jurisdiction (as per the definition within data protection law).
- Personal data processed must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is processed.
- The controller maintains that it will only process the personal data which is detailed in section 2a, and will not process any further personal data that is not necessary in relation to the original reason for processing personal data as specified in section 2a, unless the controller is required to do so by law.
- Personal data processed must be accurate, kept up-to-date (where applicable) and reasonable steps must be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate is erased or corrected without delay.
- The controller will ensure that all personal data that it holds is accurate and kept up-to-date, and any personal data that is inaccurate will be erased or corrected without delay.
- Storage limitation
- Personal data must not be kept in a form that permits identification of a data subject for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed.
- Personal data you provide for the PEH 70th Anniversary Exhibition will be retained for a period of 1 year.
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Personal data must be processed in a manner that ensures its appropriate security, including protecting it against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- The personal data will be stored electronically and will only be accessed by staff members directly involved in the administration of the PEH 70th Anniversary Exhibition.
- The controller is responsible for, and must be able to demonstrate, compliance with the data protection principles.
- Contact Details
- The contact details of the controller are as follows:
- The Committee for Health and Social Care
- Tel: 01481 725241 ext: 4132
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The contact details for the Data Protection Officer of Health and Social Care are as follows:
- Any photographs sent to Lottie.Barnes@gov.gg will be deemed to be copyright free and approved for public viewing by both the photographer and any people represented in said photo. All participants sending in any picture/s to Lottie.Barnes@gov.gg accept that the picture/s maybe used in the public domain from May 25th 2019 and promoted on traditional broadcast and Social Media platforms. Lottie.Barnes@gov.gg /States of Guernsey will not be liable for any form of copyright infringement.
- Lottie.Barnes@gov.gg /States of Guernsey will not be liable for any legal action for photographs that have been sent in where appropriate permissions for their use has not been given. All photos sent in will be deemed as legal and authorised for the sender to do so.
Photos and memories of the PEH over the last 70 years can be sent to: Lottie.Barnes@gov.gg
Please remember to state your name and, if possible, the approximate date and location within the PEH.
Due to mailbox size limitations, if you wish to send more than one photograph you will need to send them separately i.e. attach one photo per email. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.