Do I need a TV licence?
- You need a TV Licence if you watch or record live TV on any device.
- From 1st September 2016, you will also need a TV Licence to watch or download BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer.
- A standard colour TV Licence costs £145.50.
- More information is available on the TV Licensing website: http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one
Free TV licences
- If you are claiming Income Support and are also over pension age, you are entitled to a free TV licence.
- To find out how to apply for a free TV licence, please contact us.
- The Committee for Economic Development has political responsibility for broadcasting matters.
- The Communications Act 2003 gave Ofcom responsibility for monitoring the quality and content of broadcasting on television and radio.