Change of name and/or address
To update your driving licence you must:
- submit both the card and paper counterpart of your driving licence (both full and provisional licences, if applicable) with your new name and/or address completed on the back of the paper counterpart. If you cannot supply the paper part of your driving licence, please complete a Change of Details Form [161kb]. If you have lost the card part of your driving licence, you will have to apply and pay for a duplicate driving licence.
- if you have not previously had your identity verified, submit your original passport OR a completed Identity Verification Form. If you are submitting an ID verification form you will also need to bring your birth certificate. If you post in your original passport, it will be returned to you via recorded delivery. (If your identity has already been verified, a date will have been inserted in section 14 on the back of the plastic part of your driving licence).
- if you have changed your name, provide proof e.g. marriage certificate, enrolled deed poll or divorce papers.
- To update your Vehicle Registration Certificates you must:
- submit all Vehicle Registration Certificates (VRCs) with your new address completed on the back. If you are unable to find a VRC you will be required to apply and pay for a duplicate VRC.
- There is no fee to notify us of a change of name and/or address.
Notify us of a change of address online
- Online notification process
- If you have already set up an account, login to https://traffic.gov.gg;
- Enter your driving licence number and password;
- If you have forgotten your password, please click on the "Forgot password?" link and follow the reset instructions;
- If you are unsure if you have set up your account, please contact us at https://gov.gg/trafficonlineservices and we will advise you if you are eligible for online services
- Other Online Services
- In addition to notifying us of a change of address, you can:
- renew your driving license;
- add a new driving licence category to an existing driving licence (after successfully passing a theory and practical driving test);
- apply for a new provisional driving licence category;
- request a duplicate driving licence.
- In order to use online services you will have needed to provide Driver & Vehicle Licensing with a unique email address. You can check whether you have already provided an email address by completing the following form: https://gov.gg/trafficonlineservices