The main purpose of the Committee for Health & Social Care is to protect, promote and improve the health and well-being of the people of Guernsey and Alderney. These responsibilities include:
- Promoting, protecting and improving personal, environmental and public health;
- Preventing or diagnosing and treating illness, disease and disability;
- Caring for the sick, old, infirm and those with disabilities;
- Adult social care;
- The welfare and protection of children, young people and their families;
- The prevention, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases, illnesses and conditions;
- Mental health; and
- Health promotion.
The Committee is not the sole provider of health and social care services for the Bailiwick of Guernsey. Other providers are Primary Care, The Medical Specialist Group and Allied Health Professionals - these include Osteopaths, Psychologists & Art Therapists.
HSC are currently undergoing a transformation programme, this will help in the delivery of our services within the Bailiwick. For further information please follow this link.
In this section you can find out about our services and support that is available in Guernsey and Alderney. Here you will also find helpful information about these services and who to contact.