Your rights and the Data Protection Law
The States of Guernsey complies with the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2001. Personally identifiable information the States of Guernsey receives about you via GOV.GG or any other route will not be disclosed to any third party without your prior consent or the requestor's demonstrated legal authority to receive it.
We collect certain information about your computer and your interaction with the site when you browse GOV.GG:
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using Cookies
This data is not personally identifiable and by using the site, you are agreeing to this data being collected. It is only used to help us to monitor and improve the site (such as making updates to the popular pages buttons on the home page).
If you submit feedback via the Was this page helpful? buttons at the bottom of each page, the information:
- is time-stamped on receipt and made available to the Corporate Communications team for action
- is only used to address your query, request or feedback and to compile aggregated statistics
- is not personally identifiable unless you choose to provide your personal or contact details
We would recommend that you use an online contact form to submit any message containing personal details, since this will ensure it is directed to the relevant service area more quickly.
Submitting online forms
If you submit on online form, such as a contact us, complaint or request recycling bags forms, which require you to provide personal data, the information:
- is transmitted securely (encrypted)
- is time-stamped on receipt and made available to the relevant service area for action
- is stored on our secure servers in Guernsey and only accessible to authorised staff or suppliers
We won't share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes and we don't pass on your details to other websites. However, please be aware that the information you submit will only be encrypted up to the point it is received by the gov.gg server. Its onward transmission to the relevant staff member is by unencrypted means (equivalent to sending an email), so (although still protected from being accesses by anyone outside the States of Guernsey) your information could be viewed by other staff or suppliers within the organisation. Data protection policies and good practice are in place to protect your data from misuse at all times.
Links to other websites
For your information, online payment transactions with the States of Guernsey are always encrypted.
Changes to this policy
Last updated: 23rd November 2016