The official website for the States of Guernsey

weather iconSunny and cold, then fair overnight.
5 day forecastTide timetables
Sign In

Getting a job

Share this page

If you are looking for a job, check out the Job Centre page to search different job vacancies updated daily.

Every person working in Guernsey, whether for themselves or for an employer, must hold a Resident Certificate/Employment Permit (Right to Work). You will need to show your Document to your new employer and they will need to take a copy of it. If you have lost your Resident Certificate/Employment Permit, you can apply for a replacement here.

Every person working in Guernsey has to inform Social Security and register with the Income Tax office. At the time of registration you will be given a tax number and coding notice to maintain for your own records, along with a copy to be handed in to your employer.

You can find further information about relocating to work in Guernsey with Locate Guernsey.

Share this page

Add To Home

To add this page to the homescreen of your phone, go to the menu button and "Add to homescreen".

The menu button may look like
Three Dots or Box with an Arrow *some browsers' menu buttons may vary.