Good health and safety is good for business. This is especially important in the motor trade (garages, tyre repair, body shop, car sales, mechanics).
Motor Vehicle Repair (MVR) and associated industries cover
- maintenance and repair, and / or replacement of tyres, exhaust, windscreen etc;
- body repair, refinishing and valeting; and
- roadside recovery of motor vehicles.
- Whilst most of these activities are carried out at garages, they are also undertaken at customers' premises, both commercial and domestic, and at the roadside.
What is classed as a motor vehicle?
- Motor vehicle can mean anything from a normal car, a motorcycle, bus, coach, light goods van, commercial vehicles (eg HGV's) through to construction and quarry vehicles.
- MVR type activities do not only occur in what we commonly understand as a 'garage' and can be found in virtually any industry that operates any transport as part of its activities, (eg a farmer changing a tyre/wheel on a tractor on a farm should still follow the advice).