The Health and Safety (Gas) (Guernsey) Ordinance 2006, place duties on gas consumers, installers, suppliers and landlords.
- Anyone carrying out work on gas appliances or fittings as part of their business must be competent and registered with the Gas Safe Register. Only a competent person can carry out work on gas appliances or fittings.
- A person must not use any gas appliance or fittings that they know or suspect may be unsafe.
- Landlords are responsible for making sure that gas fittings and flues are maintained in good order. Gas appliances and flues should be checked for safety once every 12 months.
- Booklets on gas safety for the public and for landlords can be downloaded.
Approved Code of Practice
- The Safety in the Installation and Use of Gas Systems and Appliances was produced by the Health and Safety Executive for the purpose of providing practical guidance with respect to the requirements of the Health and Safety (Gas) (Guernsey) Ordinance, 2006.
- This is available for download.