P.2018/85 - Committee for Employment & Social Security
The States are asked to decide:
Whether, after consideration of the Policy Letter entitled 'Non-contributory Benefit Rates for 2019', dated 10 September 2018, they are of the opinion:
1. To set the income support requirement rates at the rates set out in Table 1 of that Policy Letter, from 4th January 2019.
2. To set the benefit limitation for a person living in the community at £750 per week and the other benefit limitation rates at the rates set out in Table 2 of that Policy Letter, from 4th January 2019.
3. To note that the Committee for Employment & Social Security will return to the States with a Policy Letter addressing the future of the benefit limitation, earnings disregard and personal allowances by March 2019.
4. To set the maximum rent allowances at the amounts set out in Table 4 of that Policy Letter, from 4th January, 2019.
5. To set the amount of the personal allowance payable to persons in Guernsey and Alderney residential or nursing homes who are in receipt of income support at £32.16 per week, from 4th January 2019.
6. To set the amount of the personal allowance payable to persons in United Kingdom hospitals or care homes who are in receipt of income support at £54.18 per week, from 4th January 2019.
7. To set the supplementary fuel allowance paid to income support householders at £29.54 per week, from 26th October 2018 to 26th April 2019.
8. To set the rate of family allowance at £14.20 per week, from 1st January 2019.
9. To set the rates and annual income limit for severe disability benefit and carer's allowance at the rates and limit set out in Table 6 of that Policy Letter, from 1st January 2019.
10. That the Severe Disability Benefit and Carer's Allowance (Guernsey) Law, 1984, as amended, shall be further amended to allow a carer's allowance to be received under that Law at the same time as any benefit under the Social Insurance Law.
11. To direct the preparation of such legislation as may be necessary to give effect to the above decisions.
The above Propositions have been submitted to Her Majesty's Procureur for advice on any legal or constitutional implications in accordance with Rule 4(1) of the Rules of Procedure of the States of Deliberation and their Committees.