Committee for Home Affairs - P.2020/184
- The States are asked to decide: -
- Whether, after consideration of the Policy Letter dated 12th October, 2020, of the Committee for Home Affairs, they are of the opinion to:
- 1. amend the Road Traffic (Speed Limits and Trials) Ordinance, 1987 to:
- a. transfer responsibility for the grant of approval to stage any race or trial of speed on a public highway from the Committee for Home Affairs to the Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure;
- b. remove the requirement set out in section 4(1)(a) of an interval of time between competitors' performances; and
- c. clarify the type and purposes of conditions which may be imposed under section 4(1)(b)(ii) when approval is given.
- 2. direct the preparation of such legislation as is necessary to give effect to their above decision.
- The above Propositions have been submitted to Her Majesty's Procureur for advice on any legal or constitutional implications in accordance with Rule 4(1) of the Rules of Procedure of the States of Deliberation and their Committees.