You must select and install equipment properly, use it carefully and make sure it is maintained to protect the health and safety of yourself, employees and others who may be affected by the way you use it.
What are the hazards?
Sensible risk assessment is the key, following manufacturer's recommendations for use and maintenance, and ensuring employees are trained and competent. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure new work equipment complies with the relevant legal requirements for safe design and construction. You must not use, or permit the use of, unsafe work equipment.
Guidance for work equipment below:
- FAQs - UK Marking - Work equipment and machinery.
- Selection and conformity of work equipment - Work equipment and machinery
- Inspection of work equipment - Work equipment and machinery
- Maintenance of work equipment - Work equipment and machinery
- Training and competence - Work equipment and machinery
- Mobile work equipment - Work equipment and machinery