Thursday 31 March 2022
Five organisers of events and activities have been awarded grants by the Committee for Economic Development following its successful appeal for applications.
The Event Group Sub-Committee invited applications so that it could offer grants, at a maximum of £5,000, to support events and activity providers.
It was impressed by the quality and breadth of the applications received and is pleased to be able to support the following:
- The Guernsey Street Festival
- The Guernsey Aeroclub
- Tin Whistle Productions
- Edible Guernsey LBG
- St Peter Port's Bee and Butterfly Trails
All are planning events and activities for 2022 and will support the Event Group Sub-Committee deliver on its remit this year. Successful applications had to demonstrate that their event or activity meets some or all of the following criteria:
- Driving enhanced on-island experience for the visitor and thereby enhancing Guernsey's tourism product.
- Driving incremental visitor growth.
- Promoting business or economic development where there is a clear tangible benefit for the local economy.
- Building local entrepreneurial capacity.
Deputy Simon Vermeulen, Chair of the Event Group Sub-Committee, said:
'The Event Group Sub-Committee was delighted with the number and strength of applications we received. We only had a modest budget of about £17,000 so unfortunately were not able to support everyone who applied. Thank you to everyone who took the time to contact us and we're looking forward to seeing the proposed events and activities becoming a reality, and benefiting our tourism offer and wider economy this year.'