Monday 16 January 2023
The way charities and non-profit organisations (NPOs) register and submit filings to the Guernsey Registry has changed.
Charities and NPOs must submit filings via the new online portal. The portal makes it easier and quicker for charities and NPOs to register, update their details and file submissions with the Registry.
Guernsey Registry, in conjunction with the Association of Guernsey Charities, is holding drop-in sessions for charities and NPOs to get help with using the portal and submitting annual validations.
The drop-ins are as follows:
- At the KGV bar every Tuesday, midday to 2pm until 28th February 2023.
- In the Dorey Room at the Guille-Alles Library every Wednesday, 3pm to 5pm, until 22nd February 2023.
- Alderney: Monday 30th January 2023 in the Walpole Room at The Georgian House, 10.30am to midday, and 1pm to 3pm.
Step by step guidance on how to use the portal and how to submit filings is also available on the Guernsey Registry website here: www.guernseyregistry.com/charityguidance.
All Guernsey-registered charities and NPOs are reminded that they must file an annual validation with the Registry by 28th February 2023. To submit filings and the annual validation, charities and NPOs will need to nominate authorised person(s) to administer their account with the Registry. Full guidance on submitting an Authorised Filer submission and a template authorised filer declaration is available via the link above.
If you are attending the drop-in sessions, you will need:
- Your portal login details, or if you do not already have an account you will need access to your emails on a mobile device or have your email login details with you so that an account can be created for you on site.
- If you are not yet an authorised filer on the portal you will need to bring a signed authorised filer document.
- For annual validations, compulsory registered charities will need to be able to provide a geographical split of donations received and funds applied to beneficiaries.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the Registry by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01481 222800 (between 10am - 4pm, Monday to Friday).