Friday 01 September 2023
Following the announcement of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) outlining the eligibility criteria, health professionals are ready to start delivering the COVID-19 Autumn Booster programme.
Following the success of the Spring programme, the Autumn Booster Programme will be delivered primarily by Primary Care.
The States of Guernsey vaccination team will deliver the vaccines to those who are unable to visit their GP surgery and for children aged 6 months to 11 years in clinical risk groups. Anyone who meets these criteria will be given more details when they call to make an appointment.
Vaccination teams will be visiting care and residential homes to provide vaccines to residents and this visit is being coordinated directly with care home managers.
Arrangements are being made to send the vaccine to the GP practice in Alderney and to deliver the necessary doses to Sark.
This Autumn programme is available for:
- adults aged 65 years and over.
- residents in a care home for older adults.
- individuals aged 6 months and over who are in clinical risk groups.
- frontline health and social care workers.
- individuals aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts, as defined in the Green Book, of people with immunosuppression.
- individuals aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, as defined in the Green Book, and staff working in care homes for older adults.
From 4 September 2023, invitation letters will be sent in batches to eligible islanders. These letters will invite you to call the Vaccine Contact Centre to make an appointment to receive an Autumn dose of vaccine. The first clinics are likely to begin during week commencing 18 September 2023. Please do not call until you have received your invitation letter.