Lady Corder - Patron
- Lady Corder qualified as a nurse at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge in 1982. She has worked at all levels in the NHS from Staff Nurse to Acting Director of Nursing. She finally retired in 2015 finishing her career as Deputy Director Nursing, where she was responsible for, amongst many other things, the patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), Customer Care Service and Patient and Public Involvement. As a result of this experience CareWatch invited Lady Corder to become their Patron and a member of the Committee.
Roger Allsopp - Chair Person
- Roger Allsopp moved to Guernsey in 1975 to take up a post as Consultant Surgeon. He worked in this capacity for 31 years, for the last 10 years of which he was also was working as honorary Consultant to the Southampton University Hospital Trust.
- He was awarded the OBE for services to medicine in Guernsey and the UK in 2004. In 2006 he retired from clinical practice and as chairman for the Charity Hope for Guernsey, and became intimately involved in fund raising for medical research carried out under the auspices of Wessex Medical Research. The specific area of interest being into proteomic markers for the early detection of cancer.
- The Islanders of Guernsey, through volunteering, have over the years played a vitally important role in this ongoing work. In 2009 Roger was appointed the first President of the Child Youth Community Tribunal which came about as a result of the 2008 Children's Law. He served in this post until in 2014 when he was elected to serve as a non-States Member to the Health and Social Services Committee, now renamed Health and Social Care (HSC), a position he still holds.
- Roger is now also the Chair Person for CareWatch.
Katherine Adams - Member, Citizens Advice Guernsey
Katherine has been a volunteer with Citizens Advice for over 15 years, advising people on their rights and responsibilities and helping them find ways to deal with problems in many areas of life. Before moving to Guernsey in the 1980s Katherine was an Educational Psychologist in Scotland, working with children and schools in Glasgow.
Aaron Davies - Member, Guernsey Youth Commission
- Content to be added.
Graham McKinley - Member, States of Alderney
Graham, OBE, was an Officer in the British Army for almost 30 years. He served on secondment to the Sultan of Oman's Armed Forces for two years, with active service in Dhofar, Oman and completed several tours in Northern Ireland. He was part of the Defence Attaché in West Africa, based in Ghana for three years. Graham retired from army aged 47 to join United Nations World Food Programme as a Security Consultant. Worked in over 30 countries in Africa as well as countries in the Middle East, Asia and the Far East.
- He is currently a States Member in Alderney with responsibility for Health and Social Care, and one of the two Alderney Representatives in the States of Guernsey.
David Inglis - Member, Age Concern Guernsey
- David is currently the Chair Person of Age Concern Guernsey whose primary role is to provide focus on issues relating to the community members that require support or guidance.
- The support services are organised by the management committee who establish contact and friendship for many islanders.
- In recent years David was the Chair Person for Young Enterprise, following ten years as an advisor, he has also served as a past Chair Person of PostWatch Guernsey and past President of the Bowmen of Guernsey. He has been a members of the Confederation of Guernsey Industry (CGi) management board and a former Chair Person of Guernsey Island Games Association.
Karen Blanchford - Member, representing the Equality and Disability Sectors
- Karen and her young family returned to Guernsey 5 years ago. In her time away, Karen worked in a wide variety of roles, sectors and countries, gaining invaluable experience in business strategy, marketing, HR, analytics and consultancy within such sectors as Health, Community Services, mining, IT, finance and governments in UK, Europe, Australia and Canada. For the last 4 years Karen has worked and volunteers in the 3rd sector including the Guernsey Disability Alliance, We All Matter, Eh?, Access for All, Equality Working Group (EWG) and the Association of Guernsey Charities. Karen is passionate about our community, equality, empowering others and using her experience to drive change.
Rick Lowe - Member
- Rick was born in Guernsey and educated at Hautes Capelles School and the Boys Grammar School. He is married with two daughters and has a Grandson.
- As a young man (19) Rick immigrated to Australia as a 'ten pound Pom.' After living in a car and travelling extensively for 18 months he settled into corporate life in large multinational corporations. Progression into senior management was rapid and entirely results oriented. Rick was the fortunate recipient of numerous management training courses with various international management consultancies and The Australian Institute of Management.
- Returning to Guernsey in 1987 Rick ran a number of his own businesses with interests in Cars, Motorcycles, Commercial Vehicles, Online Sales and Property Development. Rick retired in 2009 and after a 3 year sojourn back in Australia, fishing and Golfing, returned to Guernsey.
- Apart from CareWatch Rick also sits as a lay member on HSC Leadership Development (Care Value 4).
Anita Kilby - Member
- Anita has worked within IT Blue Chip Technology giants for the majority of her 30 plus year career, in the UK , managing clients and high value complex projects within the Health sector, Higher and Further Education Sectors, Local Government and multi-national corporations such as Shell, BNFL, AEA and ICI. In addition to this successful career, Anita has owned several online businesses and retail concessions within large high street chain stores in the UK and developed her own line of beauty products. Anita has been a chairperson of The Patient Care Group for a practice comprising of 4 privately owned doctors surgeries (representing 250K patients) in the UK .
- In Guernsey, Anita has a consultancy business, is a qualified life coach and commercial director for several startup companies in the UK including a technology driven clinical trials business with offices in Europe and Guernsey, the Vice President for the Royal Commonwealth Society Guernsey, a Council member of the Guernsey Chamber of Commerce Council, in addition to being a member of the Health and Social Care CareWatch Guernsey
Tanya Martinson - Member
- Content to be added.
Please note that this page is not yet complete and will be updated with further information.