Importing Cattle from Alderney and Sark
- Cattle can only be imported into Guernsey under the General Import Licence from Alderney and Sark, subject to the following conditions:
- the animal was born in, and has remained continuously since birth in Alderney or Sark, or was imported into one of those Islands from Guernsey and is being re-exported to Guernsey,
- the animal has been health tested to a standard equivalent to the requirements of the Animal Health Ordinance, 1996,
- the animal is identified according to the requirements of the Bovine Animals and Bovine Record Books Order, 2003, and Alderney or Sark is not subject to foot and mouth disease restrictions.
Importing Bovine Semen from the United Kingdom
- Semen imported to the Bailiwick from the UK will need the following:
Information to Livestock Keepers
- Further information for livestock keepers can be found here.