This Scheme is operated by the non-profit company CitizenCard Limited. The Drug & Alcohol Strategy endorses this proof of age initiative.
What is CitizenCard?
- CitizenCard is the UK's leading proof of age scheme. The scheme is operated by the non-profit company CitizenCard Limited (registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales No. 366-99-49).
Why do I need a CitizenCard?
- Many organisations need to be sure of your age or identity. Using a CitizenCard is voluntary, but it can make life much easier because even if you have a passport or driving licence, CitizenCard means you can leave these more valuable documents safely at home.
- Using a CitizenCard means that you can access the products and services to which you are entitled. You can also use it as a travel document. Flybe, Aurigny and Condor all recognise the CitizenCard as a means of ID.
Can anyone apply for a CitizenCard?
- Babies, children, adults - anyone can now obtain a CitizenCard. If you are under 16 you will need parental consent.
How do I apply for a CitizenCard?
- For those in full-time education: The Drug and Alcohol Strategy Coordinator visits local education sites annually and can facilitate the application process for interested students free of charge so that cards are received on or soon after their 18th birthday.
- For those not in full-time education: Drug and Alcohol Strategy-branded application forms are available from local pubs, clubs and supermarkets. Using a Drug and Alcohol Strategy-branded application form will enable you to apply for a CitizenCard and obtain a discounted rate.
- An application form is otherwise available for download on this page.
- All application forms must be signed and verified by approved individuals and details of who you should approach for verification are contained in the application form.
Where can I find out more about CitizenCard?
- For more information about CitizenCard you are encouraged to visit the CitizenCard website at http://www.citizencard.com.
Alternatively you can contact the Drug & Alcohol Strategy Coordinator at email@example.com or 01481 717384 for further information.