Since the introduction of the joint 'Dealing with Complaints' policy in January 2018, the Customer Care Teams (CCT) of Health & Social Care (HSC) and the Medical Specialist Group (MSG) have worked in partnership as one team under a single complaints process.
The Customer Care Team provide a Customer Advice & Liaison Service for anyone who receives treatment or services from Health and Social Care (HSC) or the Medical Specialist Group LBG (MSG). Our role is to listen to service users' concerns, worries and fears about their experience of care and to help resolve any problems quickly on their behalf.
We are Listening
- We are always keen to receive feedback from people who use our services, whether positive or negative, as we strive to ensure that these are of the highest possible standard.
- It is always nice to receive compliments, but also important that we hear about of any problems experienced and suggestions for improving our services.
- If you would like to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any feedback about any aspect of your health care experience. Alternatively you can contact us on telephone 725241 ext. 4969.
Single Complaints Procedure
- The close monitoring of healthcare is a key feature of the new Secondary Healthcare Contract which was signed on 3rd March 2017.
- Work was undertaken as part of the contract negotiations to develop a Single Clinical Governance Framework. This aims to ensure that there is a systematic approach by HSC and the MSG to maintain and improve the quality of the care we deliver. The ultimate objectives of implementing this framework include:
- Reducing the possibility of Service Users being harmed
- Improving the care outcomes for everyone
- Delivering an excellent Service User experience
- A new complaints policy has also been developed. It is important that Service Users and their families tell us about their experiences so that where necessary, changes can be implemented. Any complaint is seen as an opportunity to improve the quality of services and to learn lessons from events that have occurred in the past.
How can I make a Complaint
- Service users, or their relatives, can contact either HSC or MSG to express their dissatisfaction of the service (Please note: there are time limits for making a complaint which are detailed on page 9 of the Policy which can be downloaded from this page).
- If your concerns cannot be answered by a member of staff, you will be requested to submit your complaint in writing to the Customer Care Team - The team will acknowledge your complaint and ensure it is thoroughly investigated. Individual members of staff involved with your care will be asked for their comments. Our aim is to respond to all complaints within 20 working days.
- For convenience, a copy of the Complaints Policy (G107) detailing all the steps mentioned above is available to download below.
- G107 Joint Complaints Policy
- HSC & MSG will ensure that all service users will have access to information on its complaints policy and procedures. We will endeavour to provide information which is as user friendly and accessible as possible. Upon request, information will be provided in alternative formats and languages as quickly as possible. We will ensure that standard information such as leaflets are readily available in accessible formats such as large print and easy read.
- We will require written consent from you to share any information with any individual raising concerns on your behalf. This includes friends, family members or members of the States of deliberation.