The Island Development Plan 2016 requires Development Frameworks to be approved for certain sites to guide developers and other interested parties when considering development within certain specified areas or circumstances. The purpose of a Development Framework is to provide an interpretation of policy principles in the Island Development Plan which identifies the constraints and opportunities presented by a particular site or area and the type of development expected and encouraged by the Authority.
Planning Advice Note 9 [340kb] provides guidance for landowners, developers and their agents on how to work collaboratively with the Planning Service to write Development Frameworks.
In order that the public is aware of the issues involved, draft Development Frameworks are published and advertised and public comment invited. Following consultation, the comments received and the draft document will be considered by the Authority. If approved, Development Frameworks will become Supplementary Planning Guidance which will be taken into account when considering development proposals in the area to which they relate. Where a Development Framework has been approved for a site proposals will be expected to accord with it.
Draft Development Frameworks
- There are no consultations on draft Development Frameworks open at this time.
Draft Frameworks - Consultation period closed but not yet approved
- Draft St Peter Port Regeneration Areas Development Framework, May 2021 [19Mb] Further information can also be found on this dedicated website : www.stpeterportregenerationareas.com.
- Draft Chouet Headland Development Framework, April, 2019 [18Mb]
Approved Development Frameworks
- Belgrave Vinery Development Framework, August 2021. [24Mb]
- Braye Road Industrial Estate Development Framework, June 2021 [7Mb]
- Le Four Banal Development Framework, July2020 [9Mb]
- Leale's Yard Regeneration Area Development Framework May 2020 [10Mb]
- Saltpans Development Framework, April 2020 [17Mb]
- La Vigne Development Framework, December 2019 [5Mb]
- Education Offices Development Framework, September 2019 [17Mb]
- Quantock Cottage Development Framework, September 2019 [12Mb]
- Bouverie Lane Development Framework, August 2019 [8Mb]
- Richmond House Development Framework, June 2019 [7Mb]
- Bougourd Ford Development Framework, April 2019 [10Mb]
- Pointes Rocques Development Framework, March 2019 [23Mb]
- Le Maresquet Development Framework, March 2019 [10Mb]
- English & Guernsey Arms Development Framework, March 2019 [11Mb]
- Route Isabelle Development Framework, August 2018 [19Mb]
- Briarwood Development Framework, August 2018 [15Mb]
- Camp Dolent Development Framework, May 2018. [13Mb]
- Les Bas Courtils Development Framework, April 2018 [14Mb]
- Cleveleys Vinery Development Framework, March 2018 [12Mb]
- Hotel Dunchoille Development Framework, January 2018. [2Mb]
- Braye Lodge Development Framework, December 2017 [5Mb]
- Peacehaven Development Framework, September 2017 [5Mb]
- Mycroft/Warma Development Framework (December 2018) [13Mb]