The Island Development Plan 2016 requires Development Frameworks to be approved for certain sites to guide developers and other interested parties when considering development within certain specified areas or circumstances. The purpose of a Development Framework is to provide an interpretation of policy principles in the Island Development Plan which identifies the constraints and opportunities presented by a particular site or area and the type of development expected and encouraged by the Authority.
Planning Advice Note 9 [656kb] provides guidance for landowners, developers and their agents on how to work collaboratively with the Planning Service to write Development Frameworks.
In order that the public is aware of the issues involved, draft Development Frameworks are published and advertised and public comment invited. Following consultation, the comments received and the draft document will be considered by the Authority. If approved, Development Frameworks will become Supplementary Planning Guidance which will be taken into account when considering development proposals in the area to which they relate. Where a Development Framework has been approved for a site proposals will be expected to accord with it.
Draft Development Frameworks
- The Development and Planning Authority have appointed Tibbalds and a team of consultants to create the Development Framework for the three remaining Regeneration Areas in St Peter Port, as identified within the Island Development Plan 2016:
- Lower Pollet
- Mansell Street/Le Bordage
- South Esplanade & Mignot Plateau
- As part of the first stage in preparing the framework, members of the public are invited to share their views for how these Regeneration Areas could be improved for the wider benefit of St. Peter Port as a whole. A public drop-in session was held at the George Crossan Gallery in the Market Buildings on Wednesday 18th November between 10am-4pm.The aim of the drop-in was to gather a 'big picture' view of how members of the community view and experience the different areas. Representatives of the Planning Service were on hand to assist and answer any questions. If you could not attend the exhibition, Tibbalds have provided the opportunity to give your comments via an online survey and an interactive mapping tool (please click here www.stpeterportregenerationareas.com). The online survey will be available to fill out between Wednesday 18th and Wednesday 25th November.
- We are also talking separately with States' Service Area representatives, key stakeholder groups, and the land and property owners of the Regeneration Areas to gather their views and first-hand knowledge as part of this initial project stage.
- The stages following this consultation will focus on: developing the vision, objectives and development scenarios (Stage 2); developing the draft Development Framework(s) (Stage 3); formal consultation (Stage 4); and finalising the draft Development Framework (Stage 5).
Draft Frameworks - Consultation period closed but not yet approved
Approved Development Frameworks
- Le Four Banal Development Framework, July2020 [9Mb]
- Leale's Yard Regeneration Area Development Framework May 2020 [10Mb]
- Saltpans Development Framework, April 2020 [17Mb]
- La Vigne Development Framework, December 2019 [5Mb]
- Education Offices Development Framework, September 2019 [17Mb]
- Quantock Cottage Development Framework, September 2019 [12Mb]
- Bouverie Lane Development Framework, August 2019 [8Mb]
- Richmond House Development Framework, June 2019 [7Mb]
- Bougourd Ford Development Framework, April 2019 [10Mb]
- Pointes Rocques Development Framework, March 2019 [23Mb]
- Le Maresquet Development Framework, March 2019 [10Mb]
- English & Guernsey Arms Development Framework, March 2019 [11Mb]
- Route Isabelle Development Framework, August 2018 [19Mb]
- Briarwood Development Framework, August 2018 [15Mb]
- Camp Dolent Development Framework, May 2018. [13Mb]
- Les Bas Courtils Development Framework, April 2018 [14Mb]
- Cleveleys Vinery Development Framework, March 2018 [12Mb]
- Hotel Dunchoille Development Framework, January 2018. [2Mb]
- Braye Lodge Development Framework, December 2017 [5Mb]
- Peacehaven Development Framework, September 2017 [5Mb]
- Mycroft/Warma Development Framework (December 2018) [13Mb]