Aimed at ambitious individuals who aspire to be future Managers and Executive Officers in the public sector, our Development Schemes allow you to get involved with projects that make a real difference to the way our island is run whilst developing the skills and experience needed for a successful career with the States of Guernsey.
Officers undertake a number of 6 to 12 month placements, with the ultimate aim of gaining an understanding and knowledge of the organisation. Placements provide experience of the 'business as usual' environment, customer service, project management, change management, strategy and policy, team working and leadership. Placements are supplemented by organisation-wide team projects such as delivering high profile events like the States of Guernsey's stand at the Careers Fair.
The schemes have a tailored training programme aimed at developing a variety of new skills. This programme changes regularly to accommodate the needs of the Officers, their placement and the wider organisation.
The following schemes are available:
Trainee Executive Scheme
- Initially suited to school leavers or applicants with works experience looking to develop their career
- 3 years in length
- 3 A-Levels at grades A to C or equivalent qualification (e.g. a BTEC National Diploma with Distinction or International Baccalaureate Diploma)
Graduate Officer Scheme
- We welcome applicants from both recent graduates and applicants with post graduate works experience
- 3 years in length
- 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) Applicants with a 2:2 degree and a strong application will also be considered
- Open to all
- 4 years
- Minimum of 3 A-Levels grades A to C (or equivalent)
If you are interested in applying for one of our Development Schemes it is recommended that you contact Kate Lawlor, HR Advisor (Kate.Lawlor@gov.gg) to discuss the role and the application process.
You can also keep up to date with vacancies by following us on social media: