To protect your local environment, wildlife and prevent water pollution garden chemicals like weedkillers and insecticides need to be disposed of responsibly to prevent harm to the environment.
Commercial garden chemincals
- If you wish to dispose of garden chemicals on behalf of a business, including specially licenced products, please contact the Hazardous Waste Technical Officer, email@example.com or 226263 to arrange collection.
- Click here if you would like to find out the opening times for any of our waste sites.
Household garden chemicals
- Never dispose of unwanted products, diluted products, or residues from rinsing containers via household drains, ditches or ponds.
- If the product is predominately empty it is advised to use up any surplus product by applying it onto areas it is designed to be used on (found on the product label).
- Once empty, add water to the empty container and apply this to areas the product was designed to be used on up to three times to ensure it is clean. Once empty and clear of remaining product, plastic containers (including lids) can be disposed of in your blue kerbside recycling bag.
- Containers should NOT be put in a recycling bag or in general waste if they still have any of the contents in. If that is the case, dispose of unused, unwanted products (preferably in its original container or clearly labelled) free of charge at the Household Waste & Recycling Centre at Longue Hougue (www.gov.gg/hwrc). Please ensure the containers are intact with the lids tightly closed to avoid leaks.
- For larger volumes (more than would fit in a large plastic crate) please contact the Hazardous Waste Technical Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 226263 to arrange collection.