Wednesday 21 December 2022
HSC is looking for volunteers to enhance patient experiences and assist the team in Acute Hospital Services at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital.
We're looking for volunteers who can commit to two hours a week and make a real difference to someone's hospital stay.
Ward helpers - It can be the little things that make all the difference, as a Ward Helper you'll work with the team to enhance the patient experience and their quality of life during their hospital stay. You'll help by:
- Meeting and greeting patients and relatives on to the ward
- Engaging in conversation with patients
- Interacting with patients e.g., playing games, jigsaws, reading
- Providing support and companionship for patients with additional needs e.g., dementia or a learning disability
- Providing refreshments for patients
- Gathering service user's feedback
- Support patients and staff in a non-clinical capacity
Discharge Drivers - We are also looking for Discharge Drivers to help with lifts, transporting patients from hospital back home, if they don't have anyone else to take them. You'll give them a helping hand by:
- Supporting patients to get in and out of vehicles
- Support patients entering their house
- Carrying personal belongings
Full training for both roles will be given. If you think you could help, please email: Acute.Volunteers@gov.gg or call 225714 to find out more and volunteer.