Information and public services for the Island of Guernsey



2017 Flu Vaccine
Friday 20 October 2017

Islanders are being reminded to get their flu vaccine as soon as possible as it is forecast to be a very heavy flu season.

Read more
Home Affairs response to Economic Development policy letter
Thursday 19 October 2017

Statement from Deputy Mary Lowe, President of the Committee for Home Affairs.

Read more
Committee for Economic Development proposes changes to the Population Management Law in response to hospitality sector concerns
Thursday 19 October 2017

In response to the introduction of the Population Management Law earlier this year, the Committee for Economic Development has been approached by a number of representatives acting on behalf of the hospitality sector expressing their concerns with certain aspects of the recently enacted Law.

Read more All News
Coming soon – a map of events, hazards and other useful information
weather iconCloudy and misty with occasional rain or drizzle. Hill fog patches, mainly from mid afternoon.
5 day forecastTide timetables
weather iconCloudy and misty with occasional rain or drizzle. Hill fog patches, mainly from mid afternoon.
5 day forecastTide timetables


Commodore Clipper Portsmouth 16:00  


Huelin Dispatch Southampton 15:30  
All arrivals and departures Shipping forecast


Flybe18:152017-10-23SouthamptonBE6337Flight Cancelled - Contact Airline


Flybe16:152017-10-23SouthamptonBE6336Flight Cancelled - Contact Airline
All arrivals and departures
Sign In

Housing Standards

Contact Us - Environmental Health and Pollution Regulation

Share this page

The Office of Environmental Health and Pollution Regulation has the responsibility, under public health legislation, to determine whether domestic properties are fit for human's to live in.  As well as assessing the structural standards of accommodation, officers also consider overcrowding, nuisance and other issues that can affect domestic residences (e.g. radon exposure).  Information on the standards of accommodation is available in the downloads section.

  • Making a Complaint About Housing Standards

    • If you are unhappy with the quality of your accommodation (included rental properties, social housing etc.) then you should contact the Office of Environmental Health and Pollution Regulation.  Complaints will be considered concerning a variety of problems including dampness, mould growth, lack of heating, electrical safety, fire safety etc.
    • An Environmental Health Officer will explain the services that the department offers and the standards that you should expect in your property.
  • Private Water Supply Sampling

    • A private water supply is any water supply that is not the mains water supply provided by Guernsey Water.  Private water supplies can be obtained from sources such as wells, boreholes, springs, ponds etc.
    • Staff from the Office of Environmental Health and Pollution Regulation can arrange to collect samples from private water supply sources to determine the microbiological, chemical, odour and colour quality of the water.  Advice is then given as to the suitability of the use of the water and additional guidance can also be given regarding possible supplementary treatments that can be used to improve the potability of the water.
    • If a private water source is the only drinking water supply at a property then there is no charge for this service.  If the water supply is used in addition to the mains water supply at a property then charges may be applied.  The current costs for private water sampling can be found by contacting an Environmental Health Officer.


Renting Accommodation Leaflet

Share this page

Add To Home

To add this page to the homescreen of your phone, go to the menu button and "Add to homescreen".

The menu button may look like
Three Dots or Box with an Arrow *some browsers' menu buttons may vary.