The Hyperbaric Chamber is administered and supported by the Emergency Department based at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital.
The chamber is available to all commercial divers intending to dive within Guernsey's 12 mile limit. You are required to notify your intention to dive in Guernsey with the Health & Social Care team.
In the event that any diver is suspected of suffering from decompression illness, contact should be made with the Emergency Department of the Princess Elizabeth Hospital by calling 01481 725241 or dial 999 or 112 for emergency assistance.
Intention to Dive
- The administration and support of the Hyperbaric Chamber is provided by the Emergency Department based at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital in Guernsey. Commercial divers are required to confirm their intention to dive with the Emergency Department Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to ensure that your email contains:
- your name
- your address
- contact details
- intended dive dates
- where you are to dive together with depth and duration
- The current rate charged for the hyperbaric chamber service is £150.00 per day. You will be invoiced monthly and remittance is payable to the States of Guernsey.
Use of the Hyperbaric Chamber
- Any diver (either commercial or recreational) requiring the use of the hyperbaric chamber will be charged at a rate of £30,000 (thirty thousand pounds) per treatment, payable to the States of Guernsey.
- Please note that Emergency Department charges for attendance and treatment are in addition to this cost.
Charges for the Hyperbaric Chamber was last reviewed in January 2017.