Kindred Family Centre is a friendly, welcoming environment that is based in the community offering a variety of services that are accessible to children and families. The centre is run by a small staff team who have a wealth of knowledge and experience working with children and their families.
The Centre is based at 65 to 67, Les Genats Estate. It offers drop-ins for families, mum and toddler groups, after school clubs and youth groups. Staff also undertake individual work with children and their families. Adult courses are also available.
For details on how you can access any further information on any of our services please contact us on Tel.253279.
Friendly Drop-in Sessions for parents and children, Monday and Wednesday 9.30am till 11.30am. Services include:
Structured fun activities,friendly atmosphere,snack time and singing.
- After School Clubs for children 5-11yrs.
- We run two clubs 5-8 and 8-11yrs.
- Fun sessions ,crafting,cooking and team games with occasional outings (weather permitting)
Baby Massage sessions.
- Sessions by our qualified Baby Masseur , relaxing small groups or individual sessions ,to promote well being for mother and baby.
- Suitable for babies from 6 weeks till they become mobile.
The Incredible Years Parenting courses.
- Evidenced Based Parenting Groups - we run three groups:
- Baby Incredible Years for parents and baby up to 8months old.
- An 8 week program to promote positive attachment in a friendly supportive small group setting.
- A 14 week program for parents with children aged 2-8yrs. discussing topics such as:
- child -directed play
- helping children to problem solve
The School Age Program.
- The 12 week program for parents with children aged 8-11yrs.
- Following the same principles as the Basic Program.
Talking Tots Group in partnership with Speech and Language.
- An early help group for parents and toddlers to promote the benefits of how parents can interact with their toddlers to positively enhance their child's communication and language.
Rhyme Time in Partnership with the Guille Allez Library.
- A lovely 4 week group for parents and pre-school children to learn new songs and for parents to identify how reading and singing to their children can be a special together time whilst enhancing their children's language and communication skills.
Stepping Stones Social Skills Group.
- Stepping Stones is a small group that aims to help children feel better about themselves,to make friends and to be supported to discuss any problems and fears they may have
Breaking Free Post Natal CBT and Support Group.
- An 8 week supportive group exploring Cognitive Behavioural Techniques to help women who are experiencing Post Natal Depression and Anxiety.
Auricular Acupuncture and Meditation Sessions.
- A qualified worker who will run meditation sessions with auricular acupuncture ,can aid many symptoms' but especially effective for stress and addictions.
Health Visitor Baby Clinic Weekly.
- The Health visitor runs a baby clinic ,weighing and advice from 9.30-11am.