The States of Guernsey's Educational Psychology Service and Communication, Interaction and Autism Service have been working in liaison with the Autism Diagnostic Service and Autism Guernsey in order to address the needs of parents and carers whose children may have an autism spectrum disorder.
From this collaboration, a set of information and discussion evening sessions has been planned for parents and carers - seeking to address key topics of concern and interest.
Six sessions have currently been planned, to be delivered on Wednesday evenings, beginning in May 2023 and running until March 2024.
The details of those sessions are:
- 10th May 2023 Anxiety Management and Crossing the Threshold of School
- 28th June 2023 Meltdowns and Aggression - Emotional Regulation
- 13th September 2023 Emotionally Base School Attendance Difficulties - Les Beaucamps High School 6-8pm
- 1st November 2023 Parents of children with ASD - Identity/Gender Identity Issues with James Murray - Saumarez room at Beau Sejour 6-8pm
- 10th January 2024 Friendships and Managing These
- 6th March 2024 Sensory Sensitivities
Professionals from the Educational Psychology Service, Positive Behaviour Service, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service and Autism Guernsey will be delivering the sessions, with the latter half of each reserved for listening to parent and carer experiences and addressing their questions.
The number of places per session has been limited, so that conversation may be more comfortable for parents and carers.
Parents and carers may register for the first two sessions via the following registration of interest forms:
- Wednesday 10th May 2023 Anxiety Management and Crossing the Threshold of the School
- Wednesday 28th June 2023 Meltdowns and Aggression - Emotional Regulation
- Wednesday 13th Septemeber 2023 Emotionally Base School Attendance Difficulties - for Parents
- Wednesday 1st November 2023 Parents of children with ASD- Identity/Gender Identity Issues with James Murray
Please note registration of interest for future dates will be available later in the year.
For any queries, please email education.CPDemail@example.com.