The Parochial Appeals Tribunal is an independent body that determines appeals against some Parish level decisions relating to breaches of the hedge cutting and watercourse clearing obligations, as well as decisions not to grant Bornements.
Please note that there was an amendment to the Cutting of Hedges Ordinance, effective from 1st January 2018, that made the owner (not the occupier) responsible for maintaining roadside hedges on their land . As the amendment was effective from 1st January 2018, it will apply to the June 2018 hedge cutting onwards. If you have any queries then your parish should be able to assist.
About the Parochial Appeals Tribunal
- The Parochial Appeals Tribunal is independent of any States' Committee or body. Its Members are appointed by the Royal Court. It operates within the provisions set out in The Parochial Administration Ordinance, 2013 (see the downloaded documents).
- The Parochial Appeals Tribunal is supported administratively by its own secretariat through the Office of the Policy & Resources Committee.
- The Parochial Appeals Tribunal's Secretary is available to answer any questions and can be contacted at Sir Charles Frossard House (telephone - 01481 717000) or by email - firstname.lastname@example.org - or by writing to The Secretary to the Parochial Appeals Tribunal, Level 5, Sir Charles Frossard House, La Charroterie, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1FH.
How to make an Appeal
- Details of how to appeal a parochial decision, together with details of the relevant legislation, are on this web page. See the downloaded documents.
- Anybody considering making an appeal will find it helpful to first read the information leaflet and the guidance notes.
- Please note that there are deadlines within which appeals to the Parochial Appeal Tribunal have to be made. These deadlines are also specified in the information leaflet, the guidance notes and the Rules of Procedure.
- The appeal form can be downloaded from this site. The appeal form contains further details about the information and the administrative fee (£25) that must be included with any appeal.
- Paper copies and large print versions of most documents are also available on request from the Secretary.
- The contact details for Parochial Appeals Tribunal's Secretary are:
- Telephone - States of Guernsey, Sir Charles Frossard House - Switchboard - 01481 717000
- Email - email@example.com
- The Secretary to the Parochial Appeals Tribunal, Level 5, Sir Charles Frossard House, La Charroterie, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1FH.