Pharmacists can offer useful advice about minor illnesses and health conditions and also suggest suitable medication or treatment.
- Boots Pharmacy
- Healthcare Pharmacies
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St Martin's Medical Centre, Les Camps du Moulin, St Martin's, GY4 6DA, tel. 232999
- Rohais Medical Centre, Rohais, St Peter Port, GY1 1FF, tel. 726999
- Cobo Medical Centre, Route de Carteret, Cobo, Castel, GY5 7HA, tel. 250999
- Waitrose Superstore, Admiral Park, St Peter Port, GY1 2AL, tel. 728840
- HealthXchange Pharmacy
- Albert House, South Esplanade, St Peter Port, GY1 1AJ, tel. 736736
- Lloyds Pharmacy UK:
- Pharmacy Locale
- St Martin's Pharmacy
- 1-2 Maison Bellieuse, Grande Rue, St Martin's, GY4 6RR, tel. 237963
- Stonelakes Pharmacy
- 2, The Bridge, St Sampson's, GY2 4QW, tel. 244356
- Boardman's Pharmacy (Alderney)
- 38 Victoria Street, Alderney, GY9 3TA, tel. 822126
Sundays and Bank Holidays (Pharmacy Opening Details)
- With Boots (High Street and The Bridge) open on most Sundays between 10am and 4pm, there is no regular pharmacy rota in place except on the following dates when both Boots stores will be closed:
- Easter Sunday (16 April 2017)
- Christmas Day (25 December 2017)
- New Years' Day (1 January 2018)
- Although the pharmacy in Alderney is not open on Sundays, doctors can access an emergency service if required.
- For details of pharmacies open on the above dates, as well as on bank holidays in both Guernsey and Alderney, please view the Sunday and Bank Holiday Pharmacy Opening document which you can download from this page.
- While you can buy some medication without seeing your doctor, you will need a prescription from your doctor or dentist before the pharmacist can dispense 'prescription-only' medicines. The current charge for prescription medicines is £3.80 per item.
Prescription charge exemptions
- You should not need to pay for your prescription if you are:
- 65 years or over.
- Claiming Supplementary Benefit or the dependant of someone who is.
- Covered by the Medical Expenses Assistance Scheme or the dependant of someone who is.
- Receiving Severe Disability Benefit or
- You have a certificate, issued by Social Security, that shows you are exempt from the charge.
Other services provided by pharmacies
- The services offered by each pharmacy are likely to vary slightly, but may include:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Smoking cessation
- Continence & ostomy supplies
- Healthy lifestyle advice
- Weight management programmes
- Travel advice
- For further advice contact your preferred pharmacy.