Our shared vision is to work together with parents and each other in the States and private sectors so we can provide the very best education and care for the children in the Bailiwick.
We aim to nurture young children so they are confident, happy and excited to learn. We hope our children will grow up to be caring and productive members of our society.
Children who experience high quality early years provision are well placed to achieve better outcomes throughout their school life and beyond into employment.
Early Years Quality Standards Framework
- All pre-schools will work to the Early Years Quality Standards Framework (EYQSF), 2018. A copy of the Framework is available to download here: Early Years Quality Standards Framework. The EYQSF sets out the requirements for all providers and will help to focus on raising and sustaining a consistent quality of early year's experiences for our children and families.
- Pre-school education in the Bailiwick is predominantly provided by the private sector and any children attend private pre-schools before starting school.
- In Guernsey and Alderney we work to secure an equality of opportunity, to develop a culture of support, reflection and empowerment within the Early Years Sector.
Preschool Education Fund (PSEF)
- From January 2017, all three to four-year-olds are entitled to free, quality, pre-school provision for up to 15 hours per week, 38 weeks a year (term time only), supported by the States of Guernsey.
- This entitlement is being delivered through a partnership with private providers.
- The Assembly agreed to the funding for the implementation of the entitlement following a debate in November 2015. The proposals were amended with regards to the detail of funding sources and a cap set on entitlement to only those with a joint household income of 150,000 or less. Please look at the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) for further information.
- Please read a copy of the Parent/Carer leaflet on how to apply for your free pre-school entitlement, you can download the leaflet here: Parent Carer leaflet
- A list of pre-school and day nurseries who will offer the entitlement can be found here: Pre-school and Day Nurseries
- You can also access a wealth of supporting information about pre-school provision including a number of key perfomance indicators on the following link: key performance indicators
Additional Information/useful downloads
- All registered early years providers
- Child Protection 2018 - Elearning Training
- Development matters in the Eary Years Foundation Stage
- Early Years snack guide
- End of Preschool transition summary
- Key performance indicators for Early Years
- List of registered childminders
- Minimum standards for childminders
- Minimum standards for creches
- Minimum standards for out of school care
- Parent carer leaflet - applying for 15 hours entitlement
- Parent declaration form - free pre-school years funding
- List of preschool providers signed up to 15 hours entitlement
- PSEF Frequently Asked Questions
- Self evaluation review and guidance
- SEY CPD Spring Diary
- If you have any questions or queries please contact the States Early Years Team on 01481 268381 or email: email@example.com