Taxis and Private Hire
- A list of taxi services can be found here.
- Taxi ranks are situated at the following locations;
- Weighbridge, St Peter Port
- Church Square, St Peter Port
- The Albany, St Peter Port
- Smith Street, St Peter Port
- The Quay, St Peter Port
- The Harbour, St Peter Port
- The Airport, Forest
- Taxi operators are licensed by the Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure and must abide by the conditions of their road service licence, which includes ensuring drivers observe a Code of Conduct.
- There are currently 115 permanent taxi service licences in operation plus 4 accessible taxi licences and 10 temporary licences.
- When pre-booking a taxi, should a customer prefer, they can ask the taxi operator for a fixed price for a journey. By choosing this option, the taxi driver will be operating on a private hire basis and will not be permitted to use the taximeter to calculate the fare.
- There are also a number of private hire vehicles licensed to undertake wedding transfers, Island tours, corporate transfers etc.
- If you have any complaints or queries concerning the taxi services please contact Driver & Vehicle Licensing Public Transport Section on 01481 221000.
- There are currently four taxis that are specifically licensed as disability accessible. They are each fitted with shallow wheelchair ramps as well as other specialised features to assist persons with a disability. Further information can be obtained here.
Travel information for people with reduced mobility
- Guernsey Harbours website contains information regarding accessibility please follow the link. Guernsey Harbours
- Guernsey airport website has information regarding accessibility please follow the link Guernsey Airport
- Car travel
- Visitors from any country who hold a blue badge are entitled to use accessible parking spaces in Guernsey and there is no need to set a parking clock (unless otherwise indicated on a parking sign)
- There are some rules bespoke to driving in Guernsey which you should be aware of before driving on the Island. Information on this can be found here. Driving in Guernsey is different [262kb]
- Bus travel
- Information about the buses as well as a copy of the current timetable can be found here.
- Taxi travel
- For information on accessible taxis follow this link
- Guernsey has a good selection of hotels and guest houses as well as three campsites. Several are disabled friendly; however, you are advised to check accessibility before confirming a booking. Follow the link to visitguernsey for further information.
- Further information on accessibility
- Other general information about disability access in Guernsey with regard to community, entertainment, culture & leisure, public and professional, retail & shopping, and travel & accommodation can be found here.
Ever thought about becoming a taxi driver?
- Your guide to obtaining a Public Service Vehicle Permit and becoming a taxi driver.
- An information sheet and application form that must be completed is available here:
- For further information and to request an information pack please contact our Public Transport section on 01481 221000.
Taxi and Private Hire Car Review
- The Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure commissioned an independent review of the taxi and private hire car industry. The Committee has published the Taxi and Private Hire Car Review, which is available in the downloads section on this page.