The official website for the States of Guernsey


St Peter Port & St Sampson
Blue Bag
Clear Bag
Food Waste
Black Bag
Glass Bag

All Other Parishes
Blue Bag
Clear Bag
Food Waste
Black Bag
Glass Bag
More Information
weather iconSkies clearing at times tonight, but becoming mostly cloudy by dawn.
5 day forecastTide timetables
weather iconSkies clearing at times tonight, but becoming mostly cloudy by dawn.
5 day forecastTide timetables
Sign In

Personal Tax Returns

Contact Us - Income Tax

Share this page

Anyone living, working or receiving income from Guernsey is required to complete a tax return each year unless you have been advised, in writing, by the Revenue Service that you no longer need to complete one.

If you've previously been told you don't need to complete a return, but your circumstances have changed during the year, for example, if you married, separated or started to receive new income, you may now need to submit one. - If you're not sure, contact the Revenue Service.

2020 Personal Tax Returns are now available for completion in your new Revenue Service Account. You will need to create an Individual MyGov Account before you can access this online return.

For now, if you need to access or complete a return for the calendar year 2019 or earlier, please log in and use the previous online tax return service.

  • Complete your return online

    • 2020 Personal Tax Returns are now available and there's a new smarter online service making it easier for you to complete your return.
    • To get started, you'll need to create a new Personal MyGov account:
      • Step 1: Go to and click 'Create an individual account'.
      • Step 2: Click 'Start' to begin the creation of your account.
      • Step 3: Complete each page, following the guidance, by filling in your name, date of birth, email address and your Social Insurance number.
      • Step 4: Verify your email address by clicking the link in the email sent to you.
      • Step 5: You can now log in to your account.
      • Step 6: To access your personal tax return and the full range of services we have available, you will need to enter your tax reference number. You only need to do this the first time you log in.
    • You can now complete your personal tax return using the new, streamlined form or make changes to your Coding Notice - it's all in one place, making it easier and more convenient for you to access these services at a time that suits you.
    • For an easy read step-by-step guide on how to create your new Personal MyGov account please go to:
    • If you need help creating your account please contact:
    • For more information on completing your return online, please read our frequently asked questions.
  • If you still need to do your 2019 or an earlier return

    • The quickest and easiest way to complete your return is online.
      • If you have completed a 2019 or earlier return online before, you can login here.
      • If you are completing a 2019 or earlier return online for the first time you can register here.
  • Collect a paper return

    • Paper returns are available at the Corporate Customer Service Counter, Level 3, Edward T Wheadon House, Le Truchot, St Peter Port or from Sir Charles Frossard House.
  • Business and Self-employed accounting templates

    • If you run your own business you can prepare your accounts if you feel able to do so and we have developed two templates to help customers who don't use an accountant.
  • Deadline

    • Your return for the Calendar Year 2020 must be submitted by 28 February 2022. 
    • An automatic penalty is likely to be imposed if your return hasn't been received by the due date. 
  • Penalties

    • Penalties may be imposed if a return isn't received by the due date. Full details are contained in the Statement of Practice - Penalties for non submission of returns.
    • You can appeal against a penalty on the grounds that the penalty isn't payable, as the return was submitted on or before the deadline, or that there are proper grounds for the Guernsey Tax Tribunal to cancel or reduce the penalty charged. 
    • You can appeal by completing a Penalty Appeal form. The appeal needs to be submitted within 30 days of the date of the Order imposing the penalty.
  • Returns for someone who has passed away

    • You should let the Revenue Service know as soon as possible if you're dealing with the tax affairs of someone who has passed away.
    • When you make contact, the Revenue Service will let you know if you need to complete a return on the deceased's behalf.
    • When dealing on behalf of someone who has passed away and therefore acting as a personal representative of the estate, you will be responsible for completing any outstanding returns which includes providing income up to their date of death and details of the income arising/accruing to the estate.



Share this page

Useful Pages

Add To Home

To add this page to the homescreen of your phone, go to the menu button and "Add to homescreen".

The menu button may look like
Three Dots or Box with an Arrow *some browsers' menu buttons may vary.