The Uniform Grant is a means tested benefit, issued annually, intended to assist you in providing a basic school uniform for your children. The amount of grant you receive is calculated with reference to your annual household income and allowed expenses.
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year are now available, you can complete an online application by following the link at the bottom of this page, we also have paper forms available upon request. For parents and carers who are not in receipt of Income Support, proof of income, rent & interest on mortgages will need to be submitted alongside the application form. If you have any questions, you can contact the Income Support team on 732508 or email email@example.com.
In order to receive the school uniform grant before the start of the Autumn Term, applications must be submitted by Monday 17 August. However, applications can be made up until the Easter holidays.
- A full uniform grant, where given, is for a full academic year consists of:
Primary Secondary 2 pairs of trousers or skirts 2 pairs of trousers or skirts 2 polo shirts 2 shirts or blouses 1 sweatshirt or cardigan 1 jumper/PE hoodie 1 PE kit - shorts and top 1 blazer 1 pair of trainers (Years 1-6) 1 tie 1 pair of shoes 1 PE kit - shorts/skort and top 1 pair of trainers 1 pair of shoes
Guidance for Application
- Not all applicants will be eligible for a full uniform grant.
- It may be possible to assist with the funding of football boots, rugby shirts and football socks for secondary school pupils if these are essential items required by the school. A PE jumper or hoodie can also be issued in place of a school jumper where required. However, there is a limit to the amount of grant payable per child and these additional items may exceed the full grant. Comparing supplier prices may be advisable in this case.
- Other than in exceptional circumstances, items of uniform that have been damaged or outgrown will not be replaced.
- Every pupil who received a blazer between September 2019 and July 2020 will not be entitled to one this academic year.
List of vendors available with uniform grant
- Listed below are the names of suppliers of school uniforms
Uniforms Uniforms & Sportwear Footwear Marks & Spencer Game Changers Fletcher Sports www.pmgschoolwear.co.uk
Fletcher Sports Shoe Zone Ltd Sew Much Fun
Sole Mates Ltd Shoestring
How we collect and use information
The Committee for Employment & Social Security processes personal information for social security purposes in order to carry out functions relating to the relevant social security and associated legislation that it administers. The information collected will depend on your business with us, but will be no more than is required for that purpose. We may get information about you from others for any of our purposes if the law allows us to do so. We may also share information with certain other organisations if the law allows us to. Any personal information you give to us will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2001. If you wish to know more about the information we have about you, or about the way we use it, you can ask at the Office of the Committee for Employment & Social Security.