Links for Registered Childminders and Registered Early Years Providers can be found below plus a Google Map showing locations of the Bailiwick's Registered Preschools and Day Nurseries.
Information on School Admissions and all the Primary School application forms can be found on this webpage https://gov.gg/schooladmissions
- Health Protection
- The Health Protection for Education Settings document aims to provide preschools, day nurseries, childminders and schools with information and resources on Health Protection matters. These tools support the preparedness, assessment and decision making around infection prevention and protection measures as well as providing guidance on infections and outbreaks, exclusion periods for different infections and advice around when and how to contact Public Health services/Health Protection Team.
Early Years Quality Standards Framework
- All pre-schools and day nurseries work to the Early Years Quality Standards Framework (EYQSF), 2018. A copy of the Framework is available to download here: Early Years Quality Standards Framework (EYQSF) [1Mb]. The EYQSF sets out the requirements for all providers and will help to focus on raising and sustaining a consistent quality of early year's experiences for our children and families.
- Pre-school education in the Bailiwick is predominantly provided by the private sector and any children can attend private pre-schools before starting school.
- In Guernsey and Alderney we work to secure an equality of opportunity, to develop a culture of support, reflection and empowerment within the Early Years Sector.
Preschool Education Fund (PSEF)
- The year before children go to school (Reception year) they are entitled to free, quality, pre-school education for up to 15 hours per week, over the number of weeks per the school term during the year, term time only, supported by the States of Guernsey.
- This entitlement is being delivered through a partnership with some providers in the Bailiwick of Guernsey. A list of registered preschool and day nurseries can be found Registered Early Years Providers [166kb] Please note that not all registered providers offer the PSEF.
- The Assembly agreed to the funding for the implementation of the entitlement following a debate in November 2015. The proposals were amended with regards to the detail of funding sources and a cap set on entitlement to only those with a joint household income of £150,000 or less.
- Quality measures have been put in place and can be found here: key performance indicators
- Please read the Parent/Carer leaflet on how to apply for your free pre-school entitlement. 15 hours PSEF Leaflet [574kb]
- A copy of the Parent Declaration Form can be found here PSEF Parent Declaration Form [281kb]
- Please look at the Frequently Asked Questions for further information FAQ [269kb]