Tobacco control legislation places requirements on anyone that sells tobacco products;
- Anyone that sells tobacco products is required to be licensed
- There is a prohibition on the display of tobacco products and prescribed parameters for pricing and advertisement of tobacco products - subject to certain exemptions and exceptions
- There is a prohibition of sale or supply of tobacco products to anyone under 18 years of age
- There is a prohibition of sale or supply of tobacco products for oral use
- Cigarettes can only be sold in packets of 20 or more
- There is a prohibition of vending machines for sale of tobacco products in public areas
Application forms for singular and multiple premises and instructions regarding the licence application process are available from the downloads section. The downloads section also includes information regarding the nature of the tobacco products display ban and how compliance can be achieved.
Please contact the Licensing Officer at the Office of Environmental Health and Pollution Regulation if you have any additional queries or concerns.