Our vision is to provide an education system for the Bailiwick of Guernsey which will meet the challenges and demands of the future and provide our greatest asset, our people, with the knowledge, skills and tools to face a complex and challenging future with enthusiasm and confidence.
Our Core Values
High quality education is central to the future of Guernsey, both economically and socially, and is essential for the wellbeing of our community.
- Develop educational centres of excellence across all our institutions based on high standards of teaching and learning and high expectations for all, where:
- Learners enjoy learning
- Teachers enjoy teaching
- Parents and carers are embraced as partners
- The wider community is welcomed and encouraged to contribute
- Provide an inclusive system that puts learners of any age at the centre, establishes equality of opportunity for all to realise their potential and ensures that each learner develops the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to pursue a happy and fulfilling life.
- Encourage and enable learners to become creative, innovative and critical thinkers. To establish a strong work-ethic and to equip them morally, socially, physically and academically to participate in their local community and the evolving global society in the areas best-suited to their interests, talents and aspirations.
- Provide and encourage participation in a wide range of experiences such as sport, music, arts, activity and volunteer programmes, where mutual respect and collaboration is fostered, both in and out of school
A copy of the final Vision document, Today's Learners Tomorrow's World July 2013, can be downloaded from the downloads section on this page.