Friday 05 March 2021
During lockdown, all States of Guernsey buildings have remained closed to the public with many essential services provided online, via email or on the telephone.
The Public Service, like many private sector businesses, will continue to operate with staff working remotely wherever possible as we move into Stage two on March 8th.
As has been the case throughout lockdown, this will not affect the level of service provided, however, whilst many customers prefer to be able to carry out their business with the States remotely, we do know that some customers find it easier to deal with things in person. To meet these needs, counter services will reopen on Monday 8th March but will look slightly different:
Corporate Customer Counter
- Customers are encourage to pay for services online at www.gov.gg/payit
- If customers are unable to pay online, the corporate customer counter will operate an appointment only service. Requests for appointments should be made by calling 01481 705700.
- Payments for Revenue Service must be made either online via www.gov.gg/payit, or call 705700. For corporate payments please call 717315.
Employment & Social Security
- Anyone needing to contact Employment & Social Security is asked to telephone or email the relevant service and staff will do their best to deal with things either over the telephone, by offering online services or through email exchanges. If it becomes apparent that customers need to visit the office staff will provide a fixed appointment where ever possible.
- If you are unable to access services online and either wish to discuss your circumstances by telephone or make an appointment, please telephone 732500 between 8.30am and 4.45pm Monday to Friday.
- The Cadastre office remains closed to the public, with services operating remotely.
- All enquiries should be made by calling 01481 221239 or emailing email@example.com
States Works - La Hure Mare building
- The office will remain closed to visitors with the exception of those invited to attend a pre-arranged appointment.
- The office will be closed to visitors with the exception of those invited to attend a pre-arranged appointment.
- Food waste caddies and glass bags can be obtained from the Household Waste & Recycling Centres and Parish offices (if open - please contact your Parish office directly).
- Bulk Refuse collections are currently suspended until Stage 3 but applications for scrapping of end of life vehicles can be made online www.gov.gg/bulkrefuse.
- For more information on current waste and recycling site opening times please go to www.gov.gg/recycling or call 01481 221234
- The Airport Terminal Building is only accessible to travelling members of the public and essential staff.
- The Airport Control Tower Building and Fire Station Building are closed to visitors.
- The Harbour Office is closed to visitors with the exception of those invited to attend a planned meeting.
- The Marine Service Centre counter is closed.
- The Marina Office on the Albert Pier is open 0600hrs - 2200hrs seven days a week.
Guernsey Water - Brickfield House
- The counter remains closed to visitors.
- Payments for services can all be made online via www.gov.gg/payit.
- Should you require any assistance with payments or are unable to pay online, please call 239500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Population Management Office is operating remotely. The contact details are 715790, email email@example.com.
- Applications can be made online at www.populationportal.gov.gg or visit our website www.gov.gg/populationmanagement
Planning & Building Control
- Most planning and building control services are now available online https://gov.gg/planningandbuilding
- Planning and Building Control can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current live planning applications can be viewed here: https://gov.gg/liveplanningapplications
- An appointment service will operate for customers unable to access the service they require either online or by telephone.
- If you are unable to access our services online, please telephone 226200 between 9am-4pm Monday to Friday for assistance.
- Guernsey Registry office remains closed. There will be no collection or drop off service at this time.
- All documents should be sent by email or using the postal service.
- For information, customers should review the online guidance at www.guernseyregistry.com. Any queries that cannot be answered using the website should be emailed to email@example.com
Traffic & Highways
- Traffic & Highway Services is continuing to operate remotely. Customers are encouraged to submit applications by post or online (where services are available in this format) and to resolve any enquiries by phone (223400) or email (through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as appropriate) and to only attend the office at Bulwer Avenue if they have a pre-arranged appointment with Driver and Vehicle Licensing.
- Pre-arranged appointments can be made by calling 220335.
- Further information regarding the proposed reintroduction of practical and theory driving tests will be announced next week.
- The Traffic and Highway Services office at Raymond Falla House is closed to the public.
- The New Jetty public counter is closed, however, appointments can be made for any matters that are urgent or require a face to face conversation.
- The contact numbers and email addresses are as follows:-
o Disclosure & Vetting - 01481 741462 or firstname.lastname@example.org
o Passports & Immigration - 01481 741410 or email@example.com
o Customs & Excise - 01481 741431 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, any applications/correspondence can be posted through the letter box in the staff door.
Health & Safety Executive
- The Health & Safety Executive counter is closed. For any enquiries about Health & Safety at work or businesses, Covid or non Covid related, please email HSE@gov.gg or call 01481 220010.
Health and Social Care Services
- These will be returning to normal, where possible, as we move into Stage 2.
Payments for services can all be made online via www.gov.gg/payit or by calling the contact number on the invoice that has been issued. Queries can be raised by phone or via email.