The States of Guernsey does not identify people that are browsing this site.
This site does not collect any data, which identifies you personally, without your knowledge.
If you choose to, you can use this site to securely send information, including personal data, to the States of Guernsey.
GOV.GG is one of the various channels through which data can be sent from you to the States of Guernsey. The States of Guernsey will process any personal data that it collects in accordance with the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017, which provides for your rights as a Data Subject.
To find out more about how the personal data the States of Guernsey receives about you via GOV.GG (or any other route) is processed, please refer to the fair processing notice for the area you are in contact with.
There are two ways you could send personal data using the www.gov.gg website:
- If you choose to submit feedback via the Was this page helpful? buttons at the bottom of each page, the information:
- is time-stamped on receipt and made available to the Corporate Communications team for action
- is only used to address your query, request or feedback and to compile aggregated statistics
- does not identify you personally unless you choose to provide your personal or contact details (although this is not the quickest way to get a response)
- We would recommend that you use an online contact form to submit any message containing personal details or requiring a personal response, since this will ensure it is directed to the relevant service area, which will help you get a response more quickly.
Submitting online forms
- If you choose to submit on online form, such as a contact us, complaint or report it forms, the information:
- is transmitted securely (encrypted)
- is time-stamped on receipt and made available to the relevant service area for action (to find out how the information will be processed once received, please see the Fair Processing Notice relevant to that area)
- is stored on our secure servers in Guernsey and only accessible to authorised staff or suppliers
- We won't share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes and we don't pass on your details to other websites. However, please be aware that the information you submit will only be encrypted up to the point it is received by the gov.gg server. Its onward transmission to the relevant staff member is by unencrypted means (equivalent to sending an email), so (although still protected from being accessed by anyone outside the States of Guernsey) your information could be viewed by other staff or suppliers within the organisation. Data protection policies and good practice are in place to protect your data from misuse at all times.
This page was last updated on: 21/05/2018