The official website for the States of Guernsey

weather iconCloudy with patchy light sleet clearing by early evening. Fair periods developing overnight, with some icy surfaces.
5 day forecastTide timetables
Sign In

Changing your name

Share this page

You don't have to follow a legal process to start using a new name but it would be necessary in order to change official documents like your passport or driving licence.

You can legally change your name, or that of your child, by Deed Poll and this is conducted through the Royal Court.

If you do change your name for any reason, you will need to replace your passport for one issued in your new name. 

Soon you will be able to register your new details with various States' departments all through one online form, but for the time being you will need to contact them individually. You may also need to apply for a new Resident Certificate/Employment Permit (Right to Work) follow this link to find the form you need in the 'My circumstances have changed' section.



Share this page

Add To Home

To add this page to the homescreen of your phone, go to the menu button and "Add to homescreen".

The menu button may look like
Three Dots or Box with an Arrow *some browsers' menu buttons may vary.