The Health & Safety Executive regulate the importation, storage and sale of fireworks and explosives.
Classification of Explosives
- Class I - Includes gun powder and all explosives used in commercial blasting
- Class II - Fulminates (Chemistry - an explosive salt) of mercury and silver
- Class III - Ammunition containing its own means of ignition
- Class IV - Detonators (plain or electric)
- Class V - Fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics etc.
Application to Import Explosives
- The Law regulating the importation of explosives into the Island of Guernsey can be found in Sections XVII and XXIX, of the Explosives (Guernsey) Law, 1905, as amended by the Explosives (Guernsey) Amendment Law, 1951
- An application form is available for download
Application to Store Explosives
- The Law regulating the importation of explosives into the Island of Guernsey is the Explosives (Guernsey) Law, 1905, as amended by the Explosives (Guernsey) Amendment Law, 1951
- After completing the application form, which is available for download, the permission to store has to go to the Royal Court to be authorised.
The Sale of Fireworks
- This is restricted to:
- premises holding an approved licence
- the days (usually 7-10) preceding November 5th
- persons over the age of 20
- Please contact the Health and Safety Executive on Tel: 234567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org