We are committed to making sure our employees are informed, involved and valued. We don't underestimate the value that our skilled workforce makes and we promote a culture of lifelong learning.
The Institute of Health and Social Care provides many opportunities for staff to develop within their role. This includes a number of academic pathways from vocational qualifications through to post-graduate programmes. The educational opportunities enable staff to achieve qualifications relevant to the role they hold or aspire to within the organisation, whether this role is a health care assistant, a specialist practitioner or a manager. The Institute provides something for everyone, regardless of background, experience and existing qualifications.
- Gain a registered nurse (Adult) qualification on Island - BSc (Hons) in Nursing in partnership with Middlesex University London
- Vocational qualifications in health and social care, teaching and learning, leadership and management
- Diploma in Higher Education to become an assistant practitioner, entry gateway into nursing degree
- Post qualifying Programmes - up to Masters Level including a pathway leading to a PGCE.
- Social worker training through Robert Gordon University, exploring an option in collaboration with Jersey.
You can find more information on training and development at the Institute of Health and Social Care www.gov.gg/theinstitute.