The States of Guernsey Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure provides services in the following areas: provision and promotion of scheduled bus services, provision of the schools bus services and the provision of bus shelters.
- The network of bus routes provides a high frequency of services to the Island's main shopping centres, beaches and visitor attractions, and our modern bus fleet offers a very comfortable and passenger friendly ride.
- If you have any queries about the service, then staff at CT Plus Guernsey Limited will be happy to help you at their Information Kiosk at the bus terminus. They can also be telephoned on 01481 700456.
- Timetable and bus diversion information can be found on their website at buses.gg
- A flat fare of £1.00 will apply to all journeys of any distance on all routes.
- A flat fare of £3.00 will apply for all late night services that run after 10pm.
- One child under 5 years of age can travel free with an adult. Additional children travelling with one adult will pay the flat fee applicable.
- Go to buses.gg for further information on the smart card "Puffin Pass" and the "Student Pass" which allows free travel by all under 16s or those in full-time education, excluding use of the night bus service. Alternatively contact CT Plus Guernsey Limited on Tel: 700456 or Public Transport Section at Driver & Vehicle Licensing on Tel: 202227
- OAP's (65 years old and above) residing in Guernsey or Alderney may travel free on the buses if they show the driver a concessionary bus pass. The cost of obtaining a concessionary pass is £2.50 and application forms are available from the CT Plus shop at the Albany (behind the bus terminus). Applications are usually able to be processed whilst the applicant waits. Should an applicant have difficulty in attending the shop in person, please contact CT Plus' customer care team on 01481 700456 for alternative arrangements to be made. A recognised form of ID stating the applicants age will be required, alongside a passport-sized photograph to protect the card against fraud or misuse. A photo can be taken at the shop if required for ease of the applicant. The cards have a validity of 15 years, after which time concessionary passengers will be required to re-apply and will be charged at the rate of that time. Please note that this does not apply to OAP's who are visiting the island.
- A range of pre-paid multi-journey passes are available to purchase on board or at the CT Plus shop.
Bus Stops and "Hail and Ride"
- You can board the buses at any of the bus stops around the Island. These are either painted on the road or indicated by the bus stop signs on poles. As many bus stops are serviced by several bus routes, passengers are advised to wave down the correct bus when it approaches.
- Please note that only the main bus stops are shown in the timetable. To work out times for other stops on route, take the time between the two nearest main stops.
- Alternatively, you can 'hail' a bus and, provided it is safe, the driver will stop to pick you up (please note, hail and ride does not operate in the Town or Bridge area).
- School buses are provided free of charge and are operated on behalf of The Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure by CT Plus, Island Coachways, Intransit, Island Taxis, Executive Car Services and Lambourne Taxis.
- In addition to the school bus services provided, any school pupil is able to catch a public service bus free of charge providing they are in possession of a student "Puffin Pass", which can be applied for at the Information Kiosk at the town bus terminus.
- Should you have a general query with regard to School bus transport, please contact Driver & Vehicle Licensing's Public Transport Section on Tel: 202227. See details of school bus services here:
- Forest School
- Grammar School & Sixth Form
- Hautes Capelles School
- St Martin's School
- Vale School
- Vauvert School
- La Houguette School
- Castel School
- La Mare de Carteret High School
- La Mare de Carteret Primary School
- Les Beaucamps High School
- St Sampson's High School
- Please note that the school bus operator should be contacted for information on buses that are subject to diversions as a result of road works.
- Bus operator's contact numbers are:
- CT Plus - Tel. 700456
- Island Coachways - Tel. 720210 (option 3)
- Intransit - Tel. 700066
- Island Taxis - Tel. 700500
- Executive Car Services - 07781 155545
- Lambourne Taxis - 07781 123188
Travel information for people with reduced mobility
- Guernsey Harbours website contains information regarding accessibility please follow the link. Guernsey Harbours
- Guernsey airport website has information regarding accessibility please follow the link Guernsey Airport
- Car travel
- Visitors from any country who hold a blue badge are entitled to use accessible parking spaces in Guernsey and there is no need to set a parking clock (unless otherwise indicated on a parking sign)
- There are some rules bespoke to driving in Guernsey which you should be aware of before driving on the Island. Information on this can be found here. Driving in Guernsey is different [644kb]
- Bus travel
- Information about the buses as well as a copy of the current timetable can be found here.
- Taxi travel
- For information on accessible taxis follow this link
- Guernsey has a good selection of hotels and guest houses as well as three campsites. Several are disabled friendly; however, you are advised to check accessibility before confirming a booking. Follow the link to visitguernsey for further information.
- Further information on accessibility
- Other general information about disability access in Guernsey with regard to community, entertainment, culture & leisure, public and professional, retail & shopping, and travel & accommodation can be found here.