The States of Guernsey Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure provides services in the following areas: provision and promotion of scheduled bus services, provision of the schools bus services and the provision of bus shelters.
- The network of bus routes provides a high frequency of services to the Island's main shopping centres, beaches and visitor attractions, and our modern bus fleet offers a very comfortable and passenger friendly ride.
- If you have any queries about the service, then staff at CT Plus Guernsey Limited will be happy to help you at their Information Kiosk at the bus terminus. They can also be telephoned on 01481 700456.
- Timetable and bus diversion information can be found on their website at buses.gg/
- A flat fare of £1.00 will apply to all journeys of any distance on all routes.
- A flat fare of £2.00 will apply for all late night services that run after 10pm.
- One child under 5 years of age can travel free with an adult. Additional children travelling with one adult will pay the flat fee applicable.
- Go to buses.gg/ for further information on the smart card "Puffin Pass" and the "Student Pass" which allows free travel by all under 16s or those in full-time education, excluding use of the night bus service. Alternatively contact CT Plus Guernsey Limited on Tel: 700456 or Public Transport Section at Driver & Vehicle Licensing on Tel: 202227
- OAP's (65 years old and above) residing in Guernsey or Alderney may travel free on the buses if they show the driver suitable identification, such as their medical insurance card. Please note that this does not apply to OAP's who are visiting the island.
Bus Stops and "Hail and Ride"
- You can board the buses at any of the bus stops around the Island. These are either painted on the road or indicated by the bus stop signs on poles. As many bus stops are serviced by several bus routes, passengers are advised to wave down the correct bus when it approaches.
- Please note that only the main bus stops are shown in the timetable. To work out times for other stops on route, take the time between the two nearest main stops.
- Alternatively, you can 'hail' a bus and, provided it is safe, the driver will stop to pick you up (please note, hail and ride does not operate in the Town or Bridge area).
- School buses are provided free of charge and are operated on behalf of The Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure by CT Plus, Island Coachways, Intransit, Island Taxis, Executive Car Services and Lambourne Taxis.
- In addition to the school bus services provided, any school pupil is able to catch a public service bus free of charge providing they are in possession of a student "Puffin Pass", which can be applied for at the Information Kiosk at the town bus terminus.
- Should you have a general query with regard to School bus transport, please contact Driver & Vehicle Licensing's Public Transport Section on Tel: 202227. See details of school bus services here:
- Forest School
- Grammar School & Sixth Form
- Hautes Capelles School
- St Martin's School
- Vale School
- Vauvert School
- La Houguette School
- Castel School
- La Mare de Carteret High School
- La Mare de Carteret Primary School
- Les Beaucamps High School
- St Sampson's High School
- Please note that the school bus operator should be contacted for information on buses that are subject to diversions as a result of road works.
- Bus operator's contact numbers are:
- CT Plus - Tel. 700456
- Island Coachways - Tel. 720210 (option 3)
- Intransit - Tel. 700066
- Island Taxis - Tel. 700500
- Executive Car Services - 07781 155545
- Lambourne Taxis - 07781 123188