Guernsey is home to many leading digital businesses. The Committee for Economic Development is responsible for continuing to support and develop digitally enabled industry and innovation.
The Digital Sector Strategic Framework
- The Digital Sector Strategic Framework [532kb] sets out 10 strategic actions for the States of Guernsey. It details how the government is going to support the development of the digital economy over the next decade. Actions from the framework form part of the Committee for Economic Development's work on the Policy & Resource Plan which will help generate increased economic revenue in terms of tax take from sector growth and new job creation.
- An update on the Digital Framework was presented to the States in May 2018 and is available here.
- The Future of Telecoms [545kb] strategy is a central component of the Economic Development Strategy. It lays out how the existing competitive market, regulation and targeted government support can ensure the island remains one of the most digitally connected communities in the world - and continue to develop a strong and innovative digital economy.
- The three critical objectives of the strategy are:
- Fibre to business districts
- A target of up to 100 Megabits per second to homes
- Next generation mobile technology - 5G
The Digital Greenhouse
- The Digital Greenhouse Guernsey is a States of Guernsey initiative that is dedicated to growing Guernsey's digital and creative sectors. Working in collaboration with business, government and the community it provides a modern work and event space as well as initiatives to help grow the digital economy.